Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Sub Acute ( Full Time / Night Shift ) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
Lots of places say they care, Providence proves it.
Join our dedicated team of caregivers who daily live out the Providence Mission by providing compassionate service to the vulnerable in our Sub Acute Care Center, a 125-bed licensed facility accredited by the Department of Health Services (DHS) and one of the largest facilities in California providing care to ventilator and tracheostomy patients.
Our goal is to create an environment that will minimize further disease progress, aid in preserving stability of the patient, and return the patient to the highest level of function or independence. See how we live out our Vision of knowing, caring for, and easing the way of every person at the Providence Little Company of Mary San Pedro Sub Acute Care Center:
In this position you will:
- Be accountable and responsible for the delivery of direct care to patients individually and through the assignment and direction of the patient care team, utilizing a collaborative patient care management process, meeting established standards of nursing care and integrating other health care team members.
- Respond to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current unencumbered California (CA) Registered Nurse ( RN ) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- 1 year of acute care, sub acute, long-term care, or Skilled Nursing Facility ( SNF ) experience as an RN
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Recent experience providing care to ventilator and tracheotomy patients
- Recent experience with electronic medical charting strongly preferred
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 356-bed nonprofit hospital serving the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. We are proud of providing the South Bay with high-quality medical care and compassionate service by offering a comprehensive array of medical services distinguished by innovation, quality, and excellence.
Our accomplishments include the California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce (CHART) "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART, as well as, ranking in the top 10% of over 240 hospitals compared by California Healthcare Foundation. In addition, we were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence, and stewardship. Today, Providence Health & Services celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged, and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 150669