Providence is calling a full time, night shift Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse for to Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluatepatient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care topromote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those weserve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families,nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify andcorrect problems.
- Engagein ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry thatexplores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence basedpractice.
- Leadand coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate withothers as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integratenursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Active California state RN license
- CurrentBasic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers fromthe American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) orMilitary Training Network (MTN).
- CurrentAdvance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification fromthe American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network(MTN).
- CurrentNational Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification.
- Twelve (12) or more months acute care experienceworking with the patient population similar to department of hire orcompletion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
NurseRecruiter: Ron Sanchez
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 128895