Providence is calling a full time, day shift Telemetry Registered Nurse to our Neuro Stroke Unit at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment
- Be accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan
- Practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in California, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN); or must obtain a BSN within 3 years of hiring; or at least 20 years of RN experience
- Unencumbered California Registered Nurse (RN) License
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association, or the American Red Cross, or Military Training Network (MTN)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association or Military Training Network (MTN)
- National Intitute of Health Stroke Scale (NHSS) Certification
- Current LA City Fire Card within 30 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- National Certification
- Neurology/Stroke experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138 bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cardiac Care Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 143104